How It Works – Frequently Asked Questions
- Subscribing to getAbstract
- Understanding the summaries
- Managing your account
- Using the service
- Partnering with getAbstract
Subscribing to getAbstract
- How long does it take for my Frequent Flyer Miles to appear on my account?
- Because we offer our customers a 30-day money-back guarantee, we can only credit your miles to your account after that period. If it takes longer, please contact the airline directly, using their support page. If you need your miles quicker and are willing to void your money-back guarantee, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How many subscriptions can I buy with my Miles & More account?
- You can purchase up to three subscriptions with your Miles & More account, within a period of twelve months. However, to prevent fraudulent activity, you can only purchase one subscription with the Miles & More link. To purchase more subscriptions contact us at email@example.com
- How do I cancel my subscription?
- If you prefer your subscription not to automatically renew after the subscription period, you can change your renewal settings. Go to “My Subscription” in My Account or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do you have special rates for students?
- Yes. Find out more ongetabstract.com/en/studentpass
- I’d like to use getAbstract for my team/company. Do you offer any special rates and solutions?
- Yes, please check out our Corporate Solutions for further details.
- Can I buy a single summary?
- Due to legal agreements with our publishing partners, we are not permitted to sell single summaries. You can find out more about our subscription plans here.
- Can I get my money back in case I’m not satisfied?
- Our money-back guarantee applies to all individual subscriptions (except gift subscriptions and in-app purchases). If you cancel your subscription within the first thirty (30) days, you will receive a full refund, no questions asked.
- Do I need to pay for my subscription?
- No, your employer covers your subscription and you’re welcome to use getAbstract for your personal development.
Understanding the summaries
- Can I suggest a book or other publication to be summarized?
- Of course. You can submit your suggestions to our Wish List and rest assured that we’ll examine them diligently.
- How do you guarantee quality?
- We strive for editorial excellence. Our summaries are prepared by a world-class team of business writers and editors. Our writers' work is also published in The New York Times, Fortune, Financial Times, BusinessWeek and in other leading publications in the US and in Europe.
- What do the icons next to the covers mean?
You’ll find the icons below in various places on the getAbstract website:
- This book has been ranked in a bestseller list
- This is a classic
- This summary has been commented on
- You opened this summary before
- This summary is also available in audio format
- You have added this item to your favorites
Managing your account
- How can I change my account details?
- Log in on the website and click on My Account. Change your e-mail address, password and other details in the respective section and confirm with "Save".
- How can I change which summaries I receive?
- We send you the latest and best-rated summaries that suit your personal profile. Please adjust your profile in My Account on the top right-hand corner. You can also modify your delivery options and adapt them to your specific needs.
- I have a Silver Subscription. When can I expect to receive my bi-weekly summaries?
- You’ll receive your first summary with the order confirmation e-mail. The next summary will arrive within the next two weeks.
- Why do I not receive my summaries?
- Have you checked your spam filter or junk folder? If our e-mails were filtered, you will probably find an option to "Mark as good" or "Add sender to white-list." This will aid in receiving future emails from us. Additionally, you may want to ask your IT department whether they have set up restrictions on incoming emails from outside the United States, as our product originates in Switzerland. They can alter the system settings to grant our emails access to your in-box.
Using the service
- If I like the summary, how can I buy the book?
- getAbstract is not a book retailer. If you are interested in buying a copy of a book we have summarized, click on the link provided at the top and bottom of the page. A pop-up window will appear and direct you to an online store where you can purchase the book. For bulk orders (more than 20 books), we are happy to take care of your order. Please write us to email@example.com.
- Will the service work on my mobile?
- Our website is mobile friendly, but for frequent usage, we recommend to download our app for iOS, Android, Windows, Blackberry. If you have purchased a subscription via web browser, you may use your same login credentials to access your account via the getAbstract app. For more details, see How It Works – Mobile.
- I have a Kindle (or another e-reader). How do I use it?
- All of our summaries are available in e-reader formats. Find some easy instructions on how to start reading on your device on our How it Works – Mobile page.
- Where do I find my summaries?
- On the website, you will find all the titles that you have started reading, marked for later reading, finished, and those you have received through the personalized summary service on your My Summaries page. You can find this page in the top-right drop-down menu. On the app, you’ll find “My Summaries” as a list on the start page. Those you have received through the personalized summary service, are located in the “For You” section.
- How many summaries can I read?
- Our Gold, Platinum, Starter, Starter+, Pro subscriptions let you read and download an unlimited number of summaries – you can read them on the website or app, or download them to your PC, e-reader or any other device. With a Silver subscription, we will automatically send you one summary every other week – tailored to your personal profile. Learn about our subscription plans.
- Can I read summaries offline?
- Yes, of course. You can download all summaries in various formats to your devices. By adding summaries to your favorites, you will automatically have them available offline on the app after synchronizing.
- Can I share summaries with my colleagues, friends or family?
- Please note that your subscription is individual, but whenever you’re reading or listening to a summary that you consider worth sharing, we encourage you to do so. Please use the share icons on top or below each summary page, as only these special share links allow your contacts to read the full summary for three days – without even registering. And if they buy a subscription, you both get a 10% discount! Find more details on our Referral Program here.
Partnering with getAbstract
- Does getAbstract have an affiliate program? How does it work?
- getAbstract offers an affiliate program: If you promote getAbstract on your website, you’ll earn 20% commission on every sale. Go to Affiliate Program to find out more and sign up.
- Can I write for getAbstract?
- If you are interested in writing summaries on a freelance basis, apply here
- I’m an author/publisher and would like my book/publication to be summarized by getAbstract. What can I do?
- You can submit your book/publication to our Wish List and rest assured that we’ll examine it diligently. Alternatively, find out more about becoming a publishing partner