How It Works – Frequently Asked Questions
Understanding the summaries
- Can I suggest a book or other publication to be summarized?
- Of course. You can submit your suggestions to our Wish List and rest assured that we’ll examine them diligently.
- How do you guarantee quality?
- We strive for editorial excellence. Our summaries are prepared by a world-class team of business writers and editors. Our writers' work is also published in The New York Times, Fortune, Financial Times, BusinessWeek and in other leading publications in the US and in Europe.
- What do the icons next to the covers mean?
You’ll find the icons below in various places on the getAbstract website:
- This book has been ranked in a bestseller list
- This is a classic
- This summary has been commented on
- You opened this summary before
- This summary is also available in audio format
- You have added this item to your favorites
Managing your account
- How can I change my account details?
- Log in on the website and click on My Account. Change your e-mail address, password and other details in the respective section and confirm with "Save".
- How can I change which summaries I receive?
- We send you the latest and best-rated summaries that suit your personal profile. Please adjust your profile in My Account on the top right-hand corner. You can also modify your delivery options and adapt them to your specific needs.
Using the service
- If I like the summary, how can I buy the book?
- getAbstract is not a book retailer. If you are interested in buying a copy of a book we have summarized, click on the link provided at the top and bottom of the page. A pop-up window will appear and direct you to an online store where you can purchase the book. For bulk orders (more than 20 books), we are happy to take care of your order. Please write us to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Will the service work on my mobile?
- Our website is mobile friendly, but for frequent usage, we recommend to download our app for iOS, Android, Windows, Blackberry. If you have purchased a subscription via web browser, you may use your same login credentials to access your account via the getAbstract app. For more details, see How It Works – Mobile.
- I have a Kindle (or another e-reader). How do I use it?
- All of our summaries are available in e-reader formats. Find some easy instructions on how to start reading on your device on our How it Works – Mobile page.
- Where do I find my summaries?
- On the website, you will find all the titles that you have started reading, marked for later reading, finished, and those you have received through the personalized summary service on your My Summaries page. You can find this page in the top-right drop-down menu. On the app, you’ll find “My Summaries” as a list on the start page. Those you have received through the personalized summary service, are located in the “For You” section.
- How many summaries can I read?
- You can read and download an unlimited number of summaries – read them on the website or app, or download them to your PC, e-reader or any other device.
- Can I read summaries offline?
- Yes, of course. You can download all summaries in various formats to your devices. By adding summaries to your favorites, you will automatically have them available offline on the app after synchronizing.
- Can I share summaries with my colleagues, friends or family?
- Whenever you’re reading or listening to a summary that you consider worth sharing, we encourage you to do so. Please use the share icons on top or below each summary page, as only these special share links allow your contacts to read the full summary for three days – without even registering.