Some business books are obvious, trite and unexceptional. You can learn more reading a soup can label. On first blush, Mark Murphy’s book might seem just that ordinary, with its cover’s exhortations to “challenge your employees to give it their all, and they’ll give you even more.” Warning: Do not roll your eyes. Murphy is a leadership expert and his thoroughly researched book is actually brimming with discernment and acute analysis. Using imaginative language that will hold your attention, he presents a multistep program for turning average achievers into exceptional performers, or, in his words, “Hundred Percenters.” getAbstract recommends Murphy’s solid counsel. Read his book if you supervise people and want to motivate their best performance every day.
In this summary, you will learn
- What capabilities distinguish “100% Leaders”
- Why you must give employees challenging goals
- How to help people overcome mistakes
- What motivates and demotivates employees
- Why you don’t want employees with bad attitudes, no matter how talented they are
- How to turn “Fifty Percenters” into “Hundred Percenters”
About the Author
Mark Murphy is founder and CEO of Leadership IQ, a consulting and training firm in Atlanta, Georgia. Fortune, BusinessWeek, Forbes and the Washington Post have written about his work.
Comment on this summary
By the same author
Customers who read this summary also read
Roberta Chinsky Matuson
M. Tamra Chandler