In clear, succinct, readable fashion, author Frank McNair summarizes time-honored sales counsel. His book is well-organized and straightforward. After each chapter, he provides a brief self-test that will help you remember his most important points. This book does not waste your time with hokey yarns; instead, it is refreshingly businesslike and easily portable. getAbstract recommends this handbook to neophytes who are starting their sales-advice libraries and to experienced salespeople who want a refresher course.
In this summary, you will learn
- How to determine your customers’ needs;
- What eight steps to follow to make a sale;
- Why you should always emphasize benefits, not features;
- When to talk about price; and
- How to take "no" for an answer.
About the Author
Frank McNair has extensive experience with national corporations in sales training, sales, promotion, communication, branding and management. He is a partner in a sales training company.