Summary of The B2B Executive Playbook
The Ultimate Weapon for Achieving Sustainable, Predictable and Profitable Growth
Business-to-consumer tactics don’t work for business-to-business firms. They need their own playbook.
Many business-to-business (B2B) firms pattern their marketing efforts after those of successful business-to-consumer (B2C) firms. But B2B firms aren’t like Apple, Starbucks or Procter & Gamble. B2B companies need their own playbook, so consultant Sean Geehan wrote this one. The recipient of Ernst & Young’s 2002 Entrepreneur of the Year award, Geehan brings 25 years of experience advising B2B firms to this effort, which includes instructive case histories of successful B2B firms. His touchstones include Intesource, the procurement services company with nearly $50 million in annual revenues, and the $40-billion computing giant Oracle. getAbstract recommends his effective, real-world toolbox to business students, and to B2B entrepreneurs and executives.
In this summary, you will learn
- What differentiates B2B firms from B2C firms
- What B2B firms should do differently to succeed
- How to leverage the power of the decision makers who control your fate at a few customer firms
- How to build strategies and go-to-market plans that align your leadership team
- How to boost market, sales and R&D
- How to unleash innovation that increases your sales and margins
Comment on this summary
Customers who read this summary also read
Andrew Campbell et al.