Summary of The Power of Story
Copyright © 2007 by Jim Loehr. Reprinted by permission of Free Press, a Division of Simon & Schuster, Inc., N.Y.
Looking for the book?
We have the summary! Get the key insights in just 10 minutes.
What stories do you tell yourself about your life? That you must spend every waking hour at the office? That you have no time for exercise? That self-fulfillment is an impossible dream? If this is your internal dialogue, then you should not be surprised if it is also your external reality. Acclaimed performance psychologist Jim Loehr spells out a program that will enable you to discard your old negative stories and develop new positive ones that will make your life better. He shows you how to turn these new stories into your new reality. Plus, he explains why physical energy is crucial in this changeover, and what you must do to stay constantly energized. getAbstract believes that anyone who is stuck in a rut will benefit from reading Loehr’s inspirational book and putting his transformational principles to work.
In this summary, you will learn
- How the stories you tell yourself about your life can help or hinder you;
- Why some of the hurtful stories people tell themselves may not be their own;
- How to change your negative stories to positive ones;
- Why you need robust physical energy to effect meaningful life change; and
- How to embed positive new stories deep within your psyche.
About the Author
Jim Loehr, Ph.D., a performance psychologist and bestselling author, co-founded the Human Performance Institute, which helps elite performers improve their productivity. It is located in Orlando, Florida.
Comment on this summary
3 years agogood book