In 2007, two Colorado high school chemistry teachers, Jonathan Bergmann and Aaron Sams, developed an ingenious pedagogical approach – a variation of the “flipped classroom” – that improved the educational experience of their students and caught on with other educators in Colorado and around the globe. The teachers also explain their groundbreaking “flipped-classroom-mastery” system in an unpretentious, easy-to-follow manual. Though the book doesn’t apply its method to corporate learning, getAbstract recommends this straightforward, clear-headed presentation of the authors’ approach to teachers in any setting.
In this summary, you will learn
- What the “flipped-classroom” approach involves,
- How to expand it into the “flipped-classroom-mastery approach”,
- How and why both these methods work,
- What their benefits are, and
- How to implement them in educational practice.
About the Authors
Colorado high school teachers Jonathan Bergmann and Aaron Sams received the Presidential Award for Excellence in Math and Science Teaching.