Join us on our mission to spread knowledge that makes a difference.
getAbstract seeks to hire only the best. To be part of an exciting future, email your resume to jobs@getAbstract.com.
If you are interested in writing summaries on a freelance basis, click Apply.You will receive electronic confirmation that we have received your resume. We will assess your application and will contact suitable candidates when we're expanding the team.
As the world's leading provider of professional summaries, getAbstract helps companies learn at the speed of business. We offer a solution to the overabundance of information by finding, rating and summarizing the most relevant content from a broad range of sources. Established in 1999, getAbstract is headquartered in Lucerne, Switzerland, with an office in Aventura, Florida.
We're looking for an experienced editor to join our English editorial team. As Managing Editor, you’ll be responsible for both the content curation and the production of summaries in a given set of topic-based channels. You’ll work closely with dozens of freelance writers and editors, with seven other English Managing Editors, the English Executive Editor, our Head of Editorial Worldwide, members from our German, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Russian an Chinese editorial teams and from all other departments.
- Research and select the best available content – books, articles, reports, talks and podcasts – for channels like Management, Human Resources or Innovation
- Evaluate content suggestions from our clients and our own sales and client-consulting teams
- Co-manage a diverse pool of freelance writers, editors and proofreaders
- Oversee the production of summaries in your channels, ranging from the initial writing assignment all the way through content and copy editing to proofreading
- Apply your own editing skills to bring each summary up to standard
- Work with our rights team and publishers to secure their approval where necessary
- Control and ensure the quality of the final product
- Help our IT team develop and improve our inline editing system, the PPS, by providing feedback and making change requests
- Several years of experience in professional writing and editing, be it as a journalist or in corporate publishing
- Perfect mastery of the English language, its grammar and style and its use in a business context
- A keen interest in the world of business and related areas such as economics, society, science and technology and politics
- Experience with text editing in both Microsoft Word and inline editing programs
- Excellent social and communication skills
- A knack for boiling down even complicated matters to their essence, for being brief and to the point
What's in it for you?
- Coverage of the world’s most renowned authors and publishers
- Flexible working hours, remote working or working at our lakefront offices in Lucerne (Switzerland)
- The best of both worlds – agile innovative startup culture with corporate security
Do you have what it takes? We’re looking forward to hearing from you! Please submit your motivation letter, your CV, diplomas and work certificates to jobs@getAbstract.com.
Science Writers, please apply!
Do you have a background in science or technology and would like to summarize the latest magazine articles and books for us on a freelance basis? Please apply here, submit a short sample summary and let us know about your areas of expertise.
Marketing Manager Field Marketing US (Full-Time)
Are you a great communicator with a creative streak and a knack for bold ideas? Are you up to the challenge of making getAbstract a significant thought leader and influencer in the field of continuous learning and development? Join our global marketing team, where creativity and fun are as important as project plans and regular reporting.
As the world’s leading provider of compressed knowledge, getAbstract helps companies learn at the speed of business. We offer a sustainable B2B solution to the overabundance of information by finding, rating and summarizing the most relevant business content from a broad range of sources. Established in 1999, getAbstract is headquartered in Lucerne, Switzerland, with an office in Aventura, Florida
We’re seeking a full-time Field Marketing Manager. You will be part of our global marketing team, which is responsible for generating awareness among our target audience and acquiring leads for our enterprise learning solution. You will support the US sales team with tools, solutions and guidance. You will coordinate virtual and physical events, as well as generate appropriate marketing material.
- Successfully organize and support our virtual and physical events.
- Coordinate sponsorships and regional marketing plans.
- Analyze field marketing activities, performance and ROI, and recommend improvements.
- Coordinate and manage US event budget.
- Develop a productive relationship with sales and account managers.
- Serve as a connector between the sales and marketing teams.
- Document and help define guidelines and processes for improved collaboration.
- Understand the industry: create and update industry competitor analyses.
- Coordinate the creation of sales enablement tools.
- Write copy for email communication, flyers and website.
- Cooperate with marketing team to strengthen B2B brand voice and improve positioning.
Key qualifications & experience
- Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years proven work experience in marketing and/or sales.
- Event management experience required.
- Experience as a presenter/facilitator is a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills to function in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Strong communication skills written and spoken – enjoy dealing with different personalities.
- Excellent editing, writing and speaking skills in English. Other languages are a plus.
- High reliability and ability to work independently (remotely).
- Flexibility, creativity and openness to trying new things.
- Knowledge of marketing tools like Salesforce/ Pardot/ Hubspot etc. is a plus.
- Advanced Microsoft Office competency required.
What's in it for you?
- A dynamic, collaborative, team-based culture where your ideas are always welcome.
- A flexible and friendly workplace environment with great colleagues. The job is remote (US Eastern Standard Time Zone) or in Aventura, Florida.
- You’ll travel once a year to our international company kick-off (in Europe or the US) and occasionally to our headquarters in Switzerland.
- Possibilities for career development.
- Competitive Salary and Benefits.
Do you have what it takes? We can't wait to hear from you! Please submit your application and supporting documents (CV, diplomas and work certificates) to jobs@getAbstract.com.