getAbstract continues to expand its market leadership rapidly. We offer a large variety of exciting career opportunities in Switzerland and the United States in sales, technology and editorial (in English, German, Spanish and French).
getAbstract seeks to hire only the best. To be part of an exciting future, email your resume to jobs@getAbstract.com.
If you are interested in writing summaries on a freelance basis, click Apply.
To all prospective candidates: You will receive electronic confirmation that we have received your resume. If we determine that you are a potential fit for one of our openings, we will contact you. We appreciate your interest in getAbstract.
Science Editor (50%–80%)
At getAbstract, we believe that succinct, reliable, up-to-date knowledge is the basis for successful decision making. We provide millions of subscribers with summaries of the most relevant books, reports, articles and videos in the field of business and beyond. We design and implement corporate learning solutions for companies worldwide.
As we plan to broaden our coverage of publications in science and technology, we’re looking for a Science Editor who will curate content for a new summary library and manage freelance writers and editors to build it up.
- Are you a native English speaker or equally proficient in English?
- Are you an experienced, passionate editor or writer?
- Do you have a master’s degree in science and/or technology?
- Would you be ready to start working in our headquarters in Lucerne by April, 2017, or – if you’re not Swiss – to come to Lucerne for a two-month training in the spring of 2017?
If so, please send a letter of application and your résumé to email@example.com. We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
Science Writers, please apply!
Do you have a background in science or technology and would like to summarize the latest magazine articles and books for us on a freelance basis? Please apply here, submit a short sample summary and let us know about your areas of expertise.
As our team in Lucerne is expanding, we are immediately looking for a new colleague as:
Learning Consultant Switzerland (English/German) 100%
who will support our English- and German-speaking corporate customers. Our Learning Consultants maintain post-sales contact with an assigned client base in order to facilitate a positive and productive long-term relationship and ensure customer loyalty.
Your responsibilities are to:
- Develop and maintain extraordinary relationships with existing clients to ensure their satisfaction and retention while helping to grow our incremental revenue.
- Provide regular account reviews to highlight key results, metric analysis, demonstrated value and emphasize the ROI, as well as, recommend process/procedure to better utilize getAbstract services
- Guide the client through the implementation process and consistently seek new business opportunities by presenting and recommending new getAbstract features, products and services
- Design Best Practice Documentation and PPTs
- Participate with Enterprise Relationship Managers in the preparation and execution of individual sales strategies for getAbstract clients
- Position getAbstract Value Proposition as part of our overall business solution, linking these benefits back to the key business issues of the client
- Maintain current and accurate account information and contact information within assigned customer data base.
- Proactively drive and contribute to the development of our services and applications, taking into consideration feedback received by our existing customers.
- Attend fairs, trade shows and client meetings to regularly engage with our B2B customers
- Higher communication, marketing and/or economic education or equivalent professional experience in Human Resources, Organizational or Product Development
- Detail-oriented and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Organized and methodical with excellent follow-up to ensure client expectations and deadlines are met
- Excellent communication, negotiation and analytical skills
- Excellent knowledge of English (native speaker preferred) and German
- Experience in the learning industry of great advantage
At getAbstract, you find interesting work content and opportunities for personal development as well as attractive conditions of employment. We offer you the chance to shape the innovation- and quality-oriented world of compressed knowledge.
getAbstract seeks to hire only the best. To be part of an exciting future, please submit your complete application documents (letter of motivation, CV, diplomas and work certificates) via e-mail to jobs@getAbstract.com with attention to: Sylvia Mader, EMEA Learning Consultant Manager.
We are looking forward to receiving your application.
Due to work permit restrictions we can unfortunately only consider applications from Swiss or EU passport holders as well as current work-permit holders for Switzerland.
As our team in Miami is expanding, we are immediately looking for a new colleague as:
Learning Consultant Miami (Account Manager)
The Learning Consultant (Account Manager) is an integral part of getAbstract and plays a key role in our company’s success and growth as the world’s largest provider of business content summaries.
The account manager serves as a learning consultant whose mission is to provide world- class account management to our client companies by consistently delivering value and thought leadership. The account manager’s overarching goal is to establish a trusted relationship with their clients, including c-level executives, in order to support the success of getAbstract.
- Being a strategic partner to the Enterprise Relationship Managers (ERM) and clients
- Manage a large number (80-100) of accounts across the US
- Partnering with multiple ERMs to ensure client satisfaction
- Responsible for the account growth, satisfaction, and renewals of client portfolio
- Continually developing and executing getAbstract’s methodology (A.I.M) with each client
- Aligning content to business priorities with client's organization
- Integrating our solution into the client’s culture and learning platforms
- Marketing our solution internally to drive relevant usage
- Introduce and educate clients on current and new products
- Knowing getAbstract’s library, understanding how the different categories relate to each client’s populations
- Must be able to create and execute strategy on how to integrate getAbstract within the client’s learning programs and initiatives
- Responsible for leading, documenting, and completing all follow up for client webinars, client admin training sessions, account reviews, and various other client-oriented calls
Excellent verbal, presentation and telephone communication skills
- Ability to work proactively, dynamic with High energy
- PC Skills – Knowledge of MS Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Internet researching
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to define and understand client needs and develop Learning solutions accordingly
- Disciplined in planning and time management
Education and Background:
- BS/BA required
- At least 2-3 years in account management/customer service role (required)
- Experience in E-Learning, B2B (Business to Business) Sales, and strategic client services (ideal)
- HR, L&D or experience in like positions (preferred)
Key Performance Areas:
- Customer satisfaction levels
- Support to the Sales team
- Usage of getAbstract in key accounts, Renewal Rates
- Product Knowledge and Expertise
- Proactiveness and Creativity
Regional Sales Manager D/A/CH Corporate Solutions
International Sales Manager EMEA Corporate Solutions
For the last 15 years getAbstract has been an international successful and growing company in the corporate learning sector. With our online libraries, applications and consulting services we support corporate learning cultures and provide leaders and professionals with up-to-date and relevant business knowledge.
Founded in 1998 getAbstract develops corporate learning products at its headquarters in Lucerne. Our customers include hundreds of well-known organisations including Deutsche Post, Daimler, Credit Suisse, Novartis, Metro and the European Commission. Our renewal rate lays at more than 90%.
Within the scope of our expansion strategy we are looking for home-office-based Regional Sales Managers within our EMEA B2B Sales Team.
With your enthusiasm for getAbstract you will enthuse companies about our solutions and gain new customers through systematic market research and market cultivation. You will be supported by our competence center in Lucerne.
- You will actively market getAbstract solutions and develop tailor-made concepts for companies in your sales region (via telephone, online & on-site).
- You will prepare quotes and presentations for prospects and existing customers and lead negotiations.
- You will collaborate closely with our learning consultants, especially in servicing your existing clients, and coordinate with other departments in a cross-process way.
- You will pitch and advise prospects at events and fares.
- You will be responsible for maintaining our CRM system with all sales relevant activities in a disciplined manner.
- You will take part in product and sales trainings.
What we offer:
- You will receive a sound education as sales person for an innovative product as well as regular trainings.
- We will give you the opportunity to represent a successful product in a growth market.
- You will have a lot of flexibility on how you cultivate your sales region.
- You will be part of a first-class and experienced team that will give you continuing support not only during the orientation training.
- We work in an enjoyable atmosphere which is based on a corporate culture with the following core values: Purpose, Professionalism, Fairness, Profit & Fun.
- You will receive a fixed monthly salary and an additional profit-based commission which is not limited. You will also receive an open-ended employment contract.
- Higher education (min. bachelor’s degree) or verifiable working experience in the industry
- Years of sales experience in the e-learning/ HR / leadership development/ further education industry or experience in selling products with a strong need for an explanation
- Very good German and English skills (oral and written); further language skills would be an advantage
- Confident, friendly and convincing manner within the different hierarchy levels of a company
- High self-motivation and ability to work independently
- Enjoyment of prospecting new clients
- Passion for reading
- Motivation to learn new things and to continuously educate yourself further
- Willingness to travel (also abroad depending on sales region)
If you are interested by this varied role in a growing company, we look forward to receiving your full application to personal(at)getabstract.com.