Anyone can apply the principles in John C. Maxwell’s book, in any business, in any circumstance, in any stage of life. Great thinkers have an unlimited capacity to achieve, and Maxwell tells you how to become one. While books of this nature are typically geared toward entrepreneurs or those in leadership roles, getAbstract recommends this book to any person who is committed to ongoing personal development and living life with purpose. You will benefit from learning more about the different specific thinking skills that have an impact on your daily decisions. Maxwell teaches an unusual skill: how to make conscious choices that shape your thoughts, your actions and, ultimately, your success. Think about it.
In this summary, you will learn
- The 11 thinking skills you can develop that will lead to greater success in your business and your life;
- How to use each of the 11 thinking skills;
- Why you need a single-minded focus on your highest goals;
- Why being altruistic and optimistic are important thinking skills; and
- How to develop the way you think.
About the Author
John C. Maxwell, called America’s expert on leadership, is a New York Times bestselling author who has sold more than 10 million books. He communicates frequently to Fortune 500 companies and organizations such as the US Military Academy at West Point, NCAA, and NFL. Maxwell is the founder of The Maximum Impact Group, INJOY Stewardship Services and EQUIP.