Financial trouble is all too common. No matter how much they earn, some folks never seem to have enough money. In a rough economy, even frugal, prosperous people want to know how to save more of their hard-won earnings. Financial expert Gregory Karp, author of the popular Spending Smart newspaper column, read weekly by more than 600,000 people, offers proven strategies for saving money on everyday purchases and big-ticket items. getAbstract recommends his savvy book to those who want to learn how to spend more judiciously. It is jam-packed with numerous tips on saving money every time you shop.
In this summary, you will learn
- Why how you spend is more important than what you earn or how you invest
- Why clear thinking about money determines how wealthy you can become
- How to save money on common purchases
- How to save on cars and houses
- Why you don’t have to spend money to be happy.
About the Author
Journalist Gregory Karp writes the Tribune Company’s popular Spending Smart column. The Society of American Business Editors and Writers named it “Best Column” in 2006.
Comment on this summary
Customers who read this summary also read
Seal Press , 2016
Applewood Books, 1986
Helaine Olen and Harold Pollack
Brad Feld and Amy Batchelor