Summary of Successful Project Sponsorship
A Time-Saver for the Busy Executive
Project-management expert Michiel van der Molen explains why the project sponsor owns the project – and takes the credit or the blame.
The world’s most successful projects include the International Space Station, the Porsche 911 and Apple’s iPod. They succeeded due to superior project management, which required superior project sponsorship. Project-management expert Michiel van der Molen explains the nature of project sponsorship, compares it with project management, and explains why the project sponsor owns the project – and gets the credit or blame. getAbstract recommends this semitechnical, highly detailed, comprehensive and professional primer as an excellent resource for anyone involved in project planning, management or sponsorship.
In this summary, you will learn
- Where accountability lies for a project’s success or failure
- What the project sponsor’s and project manager’s responsibilities entail
- How to apply four principles of successful project sponsorship
- How to deal with project cost overruns, project risks and changes
- How to improve your project-sponsorship processes
Comment on this summary
Customers who read this summary also read
Happy Melly Express, 2014
Mark C. Layton