Based on research conducted at Michigan State University, this step-by-step, practitioner’s guide shows you how to implement an identity-theft protection program. Author Judith M. Collins includes useful background information about the types and frequency of identity thefts and identity crimes. She emphasizes the steps your company can take to prevent and remediate identity theft. She also provides a chapter on "best practices" for customers and advises companies to include these best practices in their marketing materials. If your company is serious about dealing with identity theft, getAbstract recommends this book as an extremely useful guide.
In this summary, you will learn
- How to define identify theft and its causes;
- What impact identity theft and identify crime have;
- What eight steps you can take to prevent identity theft in your business;
- How to avoid becoming a victim of identity theft; and
- How to help identity-theft victims.
About the Author
Judith M. Collins is associate professor of industrial and organizational psychology in the School of Criminal Justice at Michigan State University. She teaches information security management and directs the University Identity Theft Partnership in Prevention.