During his career, veteran sales professional Michael D. Krause sold more than $100 million in goods and services. He began selling lemonade at age seven and sold landscaping to homeowners while in college. He became a sales superstar at Fortune 500 companies and a sales consultant. His guide helps salespeople uncover their “sales styles” and use that individuality to close more deals. Despite a certain tendency toward hucksterism and even old-school heavy-handedness, many of Krause’s ideas are sound – if standard – prospecting and selling principles, such as doing your research and developing your unique value and sales propositions. getAbstract recommends many of his teachings on prospecting and selling, but as with embracing any guru, choose the advice that fits your approach.
In this summary, you will learn
- Why leads and objections are important to salespeople,
- How to use the “SMART” prospecting system and the “Everything DiSC Sales Profile,”
- How to set “SMARTER goals,”
- How to identify and deploy your “unique value and selling propositions,” and
- How to optimize your sales performance.
About the Author
Michael D. Krause is the founder of Sales Sense Solutions, a sales consultancy.