Why do women who don’t surpass you in talent achieve more success than you? The secret lies in their mind-set and habits, says executive and personal coach Valorie Burton. She urges you to learn how to stop getting in your own way and take consistent, inspired action toward your goals. Burton encourages women to tap into their most authentic selves and free themselves from self-limiting beliefs. Combining research on leadership and psychology with inspiration taken from Christian scripture, Burton writes in an uplifting, accessible style, as she shares her tools for self-transformation.
Commit to seven powerful principles to reach your full potential.
Adopt these seven principles to radically change your life:
- Do not shrink your dreams – Don’t settle for less because you’re afraid to pursue the life you truly want – you’ll end up with regrets.
- Don’t fixate on problems – Focus on identifying solutions and growth opportunities.
- Be authentic – Why choose to be a fake version of someone else and live a life rooted in false pretenses? Be your authentic self instead.
- Don’t let fear stop you – Fear can prompt you to rationalize shrinking your vision of your future. Pursue your authentic dreams with courage.
- Surround yourself with people you’re aligned with – Nobody succeeds alone. Cultivate a supportive community and pursue relationships that contribute to your happiness and love.
- Seek feedback – Feedback, even when negative, can be a gift. Use it as a growth opportunity.
- Take purpose-aligned action every day – Consistently take steps toward achieving your goals.