Write for getAbstract
Thank you for your interest in writing for getAbstract. We are continually looking for talented writers. To apply to join getAbstract’s team of freelance writers, please fill out the form below.
As part of your application as science writer, please submit a summary (in 100 to 200 words) of this article. To familiarize yourself with our style and increase your chances of success, we suggest reading the free summaries available on our site.
- Avoid the use of first person plural (we, us, our)
- Rephrase – or quote, when appropriate – the original material in accordance with standard rules on plagiarism
- Avoid long, complex sentences
- Use active voice
- Reach for evocative vocabulary, powerful expressions and a smooth style
- Don’t use phrases such as “the author says…” or “getAbstract thinks”; instead, write as if you were the author
- Use 2-3 questions as subheads – the paragraph(s) under each question subhead should be the answer to that question
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automatic confirmation. We will contact you within 10 days.
Should your application be successful, we will add you to our pool of freelance writers. You will have access to our writers platform, which allows you to see and accept open assignments.