Write for getAbstract
Thank you for your interest in writing for getAbstract.
We're not training new freelancers until the end of the year.
However, if you're interested in writing or editing for us, please do submit your application below. If your sample summary meets our criteria, we will contact you when the team is growing.
As part of your application as science writer, please submit a summary (in 100 to 200 words) of this article. To familiarize yourself with our style and increase your chances of success, we suggest reading some free summaries as part of a trial subscription.
- Avoid the use of first person plural (we, us, our)
- Rephrase – or quote, when appropriate – the original material in accordance with standard rules on plagiarism
- Avoid long, complex sentences
- Use active voice
- Reach for evocative vocabulary, powerful expressions and a smooth style
- Don’t use phrases such as “the author says…” or “getAbstract thinks”; instead, write as if you were the author
- Use 2-3 subheadings – the paragraph(s) under each subheading should correlate to the respective subheading.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automatic confirmation. We will contact you within 10 days.
Should your application be successful, we will add you to our pool of freelance writers. You will have access to our writers platform, which allows you to see and accept open assignments.