Sales trainers teach salespeople to give their buyers insights, educate them, challenge them and add value to their lives. None of this promotes sales. Emotional intelligence (EQ) does. To make sales, develop strong interpersonal skills, learn to control your feelings, leverage your buyers’ emotions and manage your relationships with them. Master salesman Jeb Blount teaches salespeople how to use the psychology of “sales EQ” to close deals. Despite some rough language, getAbstract finds that salespeople everywhere can learn from his insightful manual.
In this summary, you will learn
- How to apply the four components of emotional intelligence to improves your sales,
- What primary characteristics “ultra-high sales performers” (UHPs) share,
- What four types of intelligence distinguish UHPs,
- How to work with the five main kinds of sales stakeholders and
- How you can increase your likability.
About the Author
Jeb Blount’s SalesGravy is the world’s most visited sales-specific job board, and he is iTunes’ most downloaded sales podcaster. He also wrote Fanatical Prospecting and six other sales books.
Comment on this summary
Customers who read this summary also read
Suzanne M. Paling
Career Press, 2016
Lee Bartlett, 2016