Objects have no intrinsic value. Their value depends on the reactions of people who observe them. Mario Pricken catalogs the factors that people consider valuable. He analyzed 300 different products, artworks, events and organizations to discover 80 different “parameters” that signify value to consumers, collectors, and others. Planners and developers can refer to these parameters to instill value in their offerings. Pricken’s book is beautifully illustrated, entertaining and fascinating. getAbstract recommends his insight and approach to product designers, developers, marketers, branders, CEOs, media professionals, and anyone who wants to imbue a product or service with increased value.
In this summary, you will learn
- How objects attain value,
- How the 80 “parameters” of the “value catalog” define an object’s value,
- What these parameters specify,
- What an object’s “value biography” explains,
- How to apply the “4D innovation process,” and
- How “value analysis” provides useful insights.
About the Author
Creativity and innovation expert and consultant Mario Pricken wrote the bestseller Creative Advertising, a standard work in the field. He also wrote Visual Creativity and Creative Strategies.