Emergn CEO Alex Adamopoulos hosts an eclectic panel including digital anthropologist Rahaf Harfoush and best-selling author Don Tapscott. Innovation consultant Erica Dhawan and Harvard University Press editor Julie Kirby weigh in on the debate – Dhawan with the polish of a TED Talk speaker, Kirby in the fashion of a note-shuffling scholar. getAbstract recommends this sometimes practical, sometimes deeply philosophical look at the near future.
In this summary, you will learn
- Why algorithms alone don’t always make good decisions;
- Why modern leaders need “connectional intelligence,” not just high EQ or IQ;
- How humans can, and should, shape technology’s impact;
- Why society must decouple human dignity, and possibly income, from work; and
- Why the blockchain is a fresh opportunity for shared prosperity.
About the Speakers
Julia Kirby co-wrote Only Humans Need Apply. Rahaf Harfoush is a digital anthropologist. Erica Dhawan is CEO of the consultancy Cotential. Don Tapscott wrote Growing Up Digital, Wikinomics, and more.