Damon Zahariades says the secret of enduring success is mental toughness: a mind-set that helps you navigate the unexpected challenges life presents. Zahariades endeavors to teach readers, including CEOs as well as professional athletes, the ongoing process of cognitively restructuring your mind by questioning your thoughts, attitudes and emotions. Transform your life, he urges, and inspire others in the process.
Success requires mental toughness – but many people don’t bother cultivating it.
Those who achieve enduring success possess mental toughness. Mental toughness is a mind-set which enables you to avoid catastrophic thinking and embrace positivity when facing challenges. It teaches you to use setbacks to your advantage. If you struggle to reach your goals and maintain your desired level of success, or perhaps feel discouraged, depressed or angry, know that you have the power to improve your circumstances and shift your mind-set. Many people don’t cultivate mental toughness, however, because it requires patience and work.
Mental toughness has numerous benefits:
- Improved emotional and stress-management skills.
- A clarified sense of purpose.
- Higher confidence and performance levels.
- The capacity to overcome your fears.
- A healthier attitude toward failure and the ability to learn from mistakes.
- Greater impulse control.
- The ability to stop fixating on regrets and painful experiences while fostering a growth mind-set.
Overcome threats to mental...